I like to think my eyes are fairly intense. A few other people have confirmed this (not everybody, but the ones who do confirm it, confirm it quite strongly).
2. What is the most physically painful thing that you've experienced?
Can't think of anything really. Once or twice when being worked over by a dentist, I've twitched in the chair, and he immediately stopped what he was doing, changed direction etc. So that duration was so short that it doesn't even count.
3. How many pillows do you like to sleep with at night?
One, but it's nice to have a spare.
4. If your body was cremated, where would you like your ashes to be sprinkled?
Tossed from a plane so they disperse over the ocean.
5. What is the most common compliment people give you?
Lately it's usually about my dancing.
This doesn't signify anything except that I encounter a lot more strangers when dancing than in any other activity.
6. What was your favorite book growing up?
I read voraciously... what was my favorite? Maybe the Collected Sherlock Holmes...
7. What do you bring most to a friendship?
Loyalty, and the challenge to be your best.
8. What kind of store would you own if you could?
I wouldn't do well in a retail-type store. Too much personal contact.
9. Explain why some people don't get along with you?
I'm persistent: if I get hold of an idea, a topic of argument, a behavior pattern, I won't let go of it until I'm satisfied.
I'm insensitive in certain ways: if someone is wrong about something, then I don't care if they feel bad about the issue or they feel their opinion should carry more weight. The bottom line (for me) is that they're wrong and need to fix that before anything else.
10. What famous piece of art would you like to display in your home?
A big Monet. Like one of his Rouen cathedrals.
11. If you had to be blind, deaf, or mute, which would you be?
12. What is your secret superpower?
My invulnerability to damage goes up in times of stress.
13. What's your battlecry?
I usually just cock my eyebrows and set my jaw.
14. What do you doodle, if you doodle?
Geometric squiggles that interlock to produce larger structures.
15. What's the first video game you ever played?
I had this hand-held solar-powered game where you tried to balance a ball on a seal's nose for as long as possible. Occasionally the seal would have to grab a fish tossed to it by the trainer.
16. Describe your dream house
Huge wooden house, on a lake in a sunny clime. All the decor would be futuristic under the covers.
17. Name something you do to simplify your life.
Autopay... PocketPC... live very close to work.
18. What would you like to eat right now?
A toasted turkey bacon guacamole sub.
19. What's something you want to learn?
Lots of topics in advanced math. Get better at Spanish. Get really good at salsa, and BJJ.
20. What would you like as a super power and why?
Genius-level intelligence, like Dr. Doom or the Beast or Mr. Fantastic or someone.